Tenants asking huge amount to leave house. Can I file eviction suit?

now i have 2 tenants. they demand a very huge amount of money for leave their room.from last 5 yrs 6 mnths they cannot deposit their rent before the court and by in hand. can i submit eviction suit against them? is it be fruitful for us? and are there any law like this that the landlord abinding to fulfill tenants demands?

Answers (1)

146 votes
Firstly, you are not required to pay your tenants in order to evict them from your property. You can file a suit for eviction against them. Further, in case they are using your property illegally and without your approval, you may also file a criminal case for criminal trespass under Section 441 of the Indian Penal Code.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."