quesTenant not providing rent on time. How to evict him?

I have a tenant using my premises for commercial reasons for last 17 years. Lately he is not paying the rents and due to this I have approached him to sell the property. Despite an offer, he told me that he will buy the property, quarter to the current market value. I think he wants to forcibly occupy my premises. Kindly suggest as to what should i do to evict him and generally how long does it takes to get an order of possession. Should i cut the electricity supply to him?

  • ansIssue legal notice for termination of your tenancy.

    It would be wrong on your part to disconnect power supply to your tenant, irrespective of the dispute between the two. If he has faltered in paying the rent, approach the court for eviction of the tenant and also claim rent arrears

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

I came to know that one of my past tenant had submitted rent receipts with…
I have one shop which is given on rent to our family friends son for…
I moved into a house in Banglore(India) 2 months back with 2 other girls under…
I am staying with family in an independent house at Ground floor(owner staying at First…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly