Tenant not paying rent since father passed away how to evict him

One of my building had been rented out on lease by my late dad since 2009 to my existing tenant who is been defaulter all these years and as of now still has rent arrears to clear, so i kindly request you to advice me the easiest legal possibilities to get him evicted and if required should i need to serve him a legal notice and if so the time limit and if refuses to do so can i approach the police or do i still need to file a civil suit as per new rent control act in karnataka.

yes, you need to serve them with a legal notice initially before you start any legal proceedings. you can file an eviction suit against them as well as for claim of the rent pending to you. if there is any agreement between the two then you may use it in court proceedings.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers