Tenant not paying rent since father passed away how to evict him

One of my building had been rented out on lease by my late dad since 2009 to my existing tenant who is been defaulter all these years and as of now still has rent arrears to clear, so i kindly request you to advice me the easiest legal possibilities to get him evicted and if required should i need to serve him a legal notice and if so the time limit and if refuses to do so can i approach the police or do i still need to file a civil suit as per new rent control act in karnataka.

Answers (1)

333 votes

yes, you need to serve them with a legal notice initially before you start any legal proceedings. you can file an eviction suit against them as well as for claim of the rent pending to you. if there is any agreement between the two then you may use it in court proceedings.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."