Tenant not paying rent how can I evict him or make him pay rent

Dear Sir, I have commercial property in which is given on lease and executed the agreement which was duly registered in court. Now the tenant has stopped giving rent for more than 3 months. Please advice the way forward. Either the premises should be vacated or he should give the rent as per registered agreement.waiting for your response.Regds

Answers (1)

93 votes

First of all send him legal notice for payment of rent for the period you have not received the rent.In case no response is received by you within the stipulated time then you can file suit for eviction and arrear of rent.
Regards, Ankit

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."