Tenant broke lock and entered the building. Police not doing much.

a tenant of my building has broken a lock and entered another room in the same building. I filed a police complaint but they were "too busy with other cases" to take any action. The building is under court receiver, owned by my dad and his late brothers' family. The tenant is claiming to have paid my dad 5 lakh for the room they broke into. There is no written evidence for the same. And as my dad is suffering from paralysis past one year, he is unable to communicate and confirm anything. Even after police complaint the tenants are using the room as police did nothing.

Are they paying rent to you?

You will have to file a suit for eviction in your local court. Also file an application in the court procceedings whereunder a court reciever has been appointed with respect to the building. 

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers