Tenant broke lock and entered the building. Police not doing much.

a tenant of my building has broken a lock and entered another room in the same building. I filed a police complaint but they were "too busy with other cases" to take any action. The building is under court receiver, owned by my dad and his late brothers' family. The tenant is claiming to have paid my dad 5 lakh for the room they broke into. There is no written evidence for the same. And as my dad is suffering from paralysis past one year, he is unable to communicate and confirm anything. Even after police complaint the tenants are using the room as police did nothing.

Answers (1)

213 votes

Are they paying rent to you?

You will have to file a suit for eviction in your local court. Also file an application in the court procceedings whereunder a court reciever has been appointed with respect to the building. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."