Society taking more maintenance from bachelors. Where can i complain?

I am staying in a society in Gurgaon. The resident welfare association of the society recently came up with new rule under which bachelors staying in the society have to pay more maintenance amount as compared to the non-bachelors i.e. families.

I think this rule is made to save their own money as most of the society is occupied by residents as it near corporate offices. Is this rule arbitrary? Where should I complain about it?

The terms of payment will be governed by your lease deed executed between you and owner. If according to the lease deed you are required to pay maintenance charges as per the Rules of Apartment complex, then you are required to comply the same.

However, incase an amount is fixed with the landlord then you are not liable to pay.Further, the rules of apartment complex or societies are more of internal matters, we suggest you speak to your landlord and resolve the issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers