quesSecurity deposit refund

As a tenant shall I accept a cheque of refund for the security deposit and vacate the flat of my landlord or should I wait until the cheque gets credited to my account?

  • ansYou can vacate the flat. In case the cheque gets dishonored you can prosecute the landlord for the same.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

Please let me help to know the stamp duty rate and registration cost to register…
i m living on lease, i have 11 month agreement. but i want to break…
my father took an offcie on lease ON 1993 but after he gone the owner…
Got a divorce notice from husband. Dispute with husband now husband staying separate and the…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly