Procedure to get property back from tenant refusing to vacate it

Tenant is 50 year old. I refuse to accept rent from last 13 year. How can I clame my property back.

Answers (5)

You can file suit for eviction as per delhi rent control act if the rent is below Rs 3500 PM and if the rent is above Rs 3500 PM , then you may invoke other statutory provisions depending upon the facts and circumstances of the case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Have you executed any rent agreement or lease deed with him ever ? If yes that we need to see the terms and conditions mentioned therein and if you have not the you have to file a Tenant Vacation Suit in the district court of local jurisdiction of property and after the Vacation order by Senior Civil Judge you can get back your property.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
23 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Please mention the description of the property and rate of rent. Was there any agreement between landlord and tenant or not ? Without these details opinion can't be advanced. Reply with proper details

Please Mention the property location where it is situated and amount of rent. need some preliminary inquiry about the property then i will give you proper advice. i have to confirm first that the property comes under the Delhi rent Control Act or Not?

The procedure to get the property vacated depends on the amount of rent. If it is less than 3500 Pm then the remedy lies in the delhi rent control act and if it is more than that we have to file a case under the transfer of property act..

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Document Review - Lease Agreement Commercial Property

4.4 | 152 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Commercial Lease review by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Landlord / Tenant Advice Session by Phone

4.7 | 498 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your landlord / tenant issue
Lease Agreement Drafting - Commercial Property

4.7 | 188 ratings
30 Min Into call + Start to finish help - Commercial Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Registration of Lease Agreement

4.4 | 102 ratings
Registration of lease agreement through a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Refund of Security

4.8 | 389 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Document Review - Lease Agreement Residential Property

4.6 | 132 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Residential Lease review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Tenant Eviction

4.6 | 361 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Lease - Residential Property

4.8 | 271 ratings
Residential Lease agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

After completion of lease tenant not receiving money and not giving rent for 3;months he wants to convert rent as interest for the lease amount and do…

Read More

Mr.X took a shop on rent from Mr.Z some 18 yrs ago. Since last 5 to 6 yrs Mr.X hasn't been using the shop & his younger brother is using the s…

Read More

i am owner of thikka property but many renter are in my house. what is process of vacant…

Read More

I'm living in a 3 floor building (G+3). let me call ourselves as tenant A and Mrs. X as tenant B. We and X had a water dispute for some reasons. M…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue