Paternal uncles asking property in which father running shop for 30 yr

My father have a kite shop in Sealdah .Approx 30 years he is doing his business.Actually my grandpa took the position in rent from another land owner .But my father started the business and he pay the rent but in the rent bill it is written that the owner give rent to my grandpa. I have also 3 paternal uncle .now they are claiming money for the shop.My father can not afford this.Now if they go to court then how could we move against them because our shop is running and it the only source of income for my family?

Answers (1)

126 votes

Your uncle cannot claim right, title in the shop as the shop does not belong to your father. All they can do is that they can come and use the rented premises.

If they move to the court, you will have to defend the case.

Furthermore, if they want share in your business,  then you can take the plea that the business belong to your father. If possible speak to the landlord and execute a fresh rent agreement with the owner.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."