quesNew landlord want to remove us. How to delay it?

My father had a business running in a rented shop. Recently the shop owner sold the shop to some one else. The new owner came today and told my dad that he is going to demolish the building in a week and asked him to vacate. I want to know if we can get time around a year to find a new shop?

  • ansThough the owner has right to demolish the tenanted premises for the purpose of re-development, the same has not given unfettered rights to the landlords to so so at his will.

    If you want to delay the demolition then you can seek legal intervention by way of civil suit for declaration and injunction .

    You can also negotiate with the new landlord to delay the development works.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am tenant of a shop from past 30 years and during this time the…

My landlord (gurgaon haryana)has deducted damage amount from my security deposit. I asked my renewed…
I am having a offer to rent my apartment to a potential tenant , is…

Our 11M Agreement expires Feb 29, 2016. The Agreement has 3M Notice and Deposit of…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly