New landlord want to remove us. How to delay it?

My father had a business running in a rented shop. Recently the shop owner sold the shop to some one else. The new owner came today and told my dad that he is going to demolish the building in a week and asked him to vacate. I want to know if we can get time around a year to find a new shop?

Though the owner has right to demolish the tenanted premises for the purpose of re-development, the same has not given unfettered rights to the landlords to so so at his will.

If you want to delay the demolition then you can seek legal intervention by way of civil suit for declaration and injunction .

You can also negotiate with the new landlord to delay the development works.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers