Living in rented house for 50 years now. Can we be the owners now?

Hi Sir/Madam, We live in Bangalore rented house nearly 50 years till date and paying rent without receipt. All the bills (Electric city, Gas and water bills) are in my name and there is not rent agreement done by our owner. Now owner is telling me to vacant the building, We asked them to sell the property for me only but they are not ready. I am ready to Market price for the property Can I file a case in court will it help me Please suggest me good solution.

Answers (1)

433 votes

You could defend your possession of the property by setting up a defence of adverse posession. If your landlord is forecefully trying to evict you then you may file for a suit claiming the property and further file for an injunction to operate in the meantime.

This will ensure that you are not asked to leave while the dispute is being decided.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."