×

quesLease land taken, surrender letter given to landlord

As i had taken a lease land which has expired on 31-12-2013 at that time we had given surrender letter to the landlord and voluntary we had talk that we ill clear our plant and machinery in couple of months , when we had open our plant and machinery by technician . Since we went to lift the material the landlord told that the electric line had been disconnected so you had to pay and bring the electric line then we will allow you to lift the material. in mutually we both decided that 50 % the landlord will pay and 50 % i will pay . Than after this discussion he told that now you had to pay the rent of lease for delay lifting . We told him that we had volbery talked that you will give sufficient time but as per discussion we are ready to lift the martial since 29-04-2014 they are not permitting to lift our plant and material .

A week later he again told me to make a mou that after paying electricity bill with connection of line then no dues from landlord side as well as mine side will be charged extra and you can lift the plant and machinery within 15 days after the connection of electric line ,so we had excepted it and when we had produced the letter of mou now he is saying no pay the electric bill then take material and he is not signing the mou letter . In this case please help me Sir what i will do because if i pay the electric bill in verbally conversation and further again he demand me the rent lease for delay of lifting material because he is not keeping his word since 29-04-2014 .

• ansWhen the lease term expired in December 2013 and you have given surrender letter you should have immediately lifted your plant and machinery lying in site. You have merely obtain verbal approval that you will remove your plant and machinery in couple of months, you have no documentary evidence that landlord has agreed to said deal. If landlord has disconnected electricity connection and he wants you to pay for electricity connection for shifting material it is reasonable requirement .

You don't have any letter that landlord has agreed to pay 50%electricity connection charges. You should immediately send a letter by regd post AD recording discussions held wherein you will on payment of electricity bill remove the material within 15 days. Better arrive at an amicable settlement with landlord if you want to lift your plant and machinery 6)if plant and machinery is valuable pay for delay in lifting material.