quesLandlord stopped accepting rent. Can we deposit rent in court?

i have a brother who is handicapped. He staying in a rented house for 35 years. His rent is Rs.315 per month. Now recently his landlord has stopped taking rent. Rent was paid by money order. I wanted to know can the rent be deposited in court? What else to do?

  • ans

    To give you proper guidance as per your query we need to know where has your brother been staying on rent because the laws regarding rent are state specific.

    The rent can ofcourse be deposited in court but regarding your second query you need to mention the resident state.

  • Send Legal Notice For Tenant Eviction With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Landlord/Tenant Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi I am residing in a builder apartment at second floor. But owner of third…
A sells a land plot to B without mention of trees .B sells the same…
what should be the security deposit of renting an apartment? is it one months rent…
My shop is on rent ... landlord is a lady saying to leave the shop…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

View all >>