Landlord not returning my complete security amount What to do

I paid 45k Advance,11k is my room rent. Stayed for 2 years in that room. While vacating on 31July 2016 with 2months notice period served. He deducted 28k for whitewash. Suggest what we can do.

He cannot do that unless their is a clause in the rental agreement for doing this so plz check ur rent agreement and if it's clean n their is no such clause u added in it as ur matter of right u file a case to get back the advance

The charges for maintenance are to be paid by the tenant either during his tenure or at the time of vacating the rented premises.
If you feel that the amount of deduction is exorbitant, you may inform the landlord that you will undertake the repair/whitewash charges and ask hi to return the entire amount.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers