Landlord not returning my complete security amount What to do

I paid 45k Advance,11k is my room rent. Stayed for 2 years in that room. While vacating on 31July 2016 with 2months notice period served. He deducted 28k for whitewash. Suggest what we can do.

Answers (2)

307 votes

He cannot do that unless their is a clause in the rental agreement for doing this so plz check ur rent agreement and if it's clean n their is no such clause u added in it as ur matter of right u file a case to get back the advance

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

208 votes

The charges for maintenance are to be paid by the tenant either during his tenure or at the time of vacating the rented premises.
If you feel that the amount of deduction is exorbitant, you may inform the landlord that you will undertake the repair/whitewash charges and ask hi to return the entire amount.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."