Landlord asking me huge electricity bill which not possible.What to do

I was staying on a rent in Gurgaon and had paid 40,000 deposit to my Landlord. I lived there for 3 mths n I vacated the place on 31st August however my landlord is not returning my deposit money as per him i have used electricity worth 52000/-. (which is unbelievable for 1 BHK flat) Upon asking for electricity bill he says that it is not received by Haryana electricity board from last 4-5 mths. I pretty sure that he is lying and has no intention of returning my money. There is a proper rent agreement that i have which has no lockin period as such.I live in Mumbai now can i file a case here?

You will not be able to file a civil suit for recovery etc. for the amounts owed to you from Mumbai. You will need to approach the Gurgaon District Court and as such you can engage a lawyer there do file your case and initiate appropriate civil proceedings.

You could however file a criminal complaint at your local police station in Mumbai however it would be wishful thinking to expect any helpful action to be taken by them.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers