Landlady threatening to file false case against me

i had given an advance amount of Rs65000 to a landlady. after i vacated the flat, she is not returning my money since 3 months. it's been 3 months now. one day i called her as fraud in whatsapp. now she is threatening me that she would file a case against me. what should i do. i want my money back.

Answers (1)

488 votes

She has no grounds to file a case against you. First, issue her a legal notice and file a written complaint with the local police station. If she still does not return the amounts you may approach the court and file a civil suit for recovery. I hope that you have some record of the transaction as you will need to prove before the court that the amounts are owed to you. Feel free to get in touch if we could be of any further assistance to you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."