Landlady threatening to file false case against me

i had given an advance amount of Rs65000 to a landlady. after i vacated the flat, she is not returning my money since 3 months. it's been 3 months now. one day i called her as fraud in whatsapp. now she is threatening me that she would file a case against me. what should i do. i want my money back.

She has no grounds to file a case against you. First, issue her a legal notice and file a written complaint with the local police station. If she still does not return the amounts you may approach the court and file a civil suit for recovery. I hope that you have some record of the transaction as you will need to prove before the court that the amounts are owed to you. Feel free to get in touch if we could be of any further assistance to you.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers