Is there any law under which I can negotiate rent amount

Sir I rented a shop in Perambur chennai. The area of shop is 250sq. Ft. Already I paid 8lakhs as advance and rent is rs28,000. I have spent nearly 3lakhs for interior of the shop. The business is very dull and unable to pay such a huge rent. When I enquired neighboring shop, the rent I pay is very high. Is there any solution to negotiate the rent?

You have entered into rental agreement only after agreeing to the conditions including the rent and advance.
The landlord cannot be responsible for the dull business. It is your own problem.
The landlord may not accept for reduction of rent for such reasons and you cannot enforce anything legally on this issue.
You may talk to him and get an amicable settlement through negotiations, but this is only a step you are advised but the legal solution is to vacate and look for another place with lesser rent.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers