House damaged by rain - Tenant not leaving the house

Hi I along with my family used to live in a 3 floor house. Due to heavy rains my house fell recently. We have got this house declared as unsafe but my tenant is not leaving the house. We are staying in rented place but my tenant still staying there. Also he is renowned for wrong doings and has many cases filled against him. I want to reconstruct my house but he is not leaving the house and has not paid rent for many years. Also, we have contract with his father as tenant and now both his parents are not alive. Please suggest me next steps here. thanks in advance.

Answers (1)

352 votes

We suggest that you should file a Suit for eviction under the Rent control act, thereby seeking eviction of the tenant on the ground that house is unsafe and has to be rebuilt and renovated

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."