FIR against construction work by landlord blocking ventilation window

my landlord is carring a illegal construction work in the next building which has damaged my bedroom walls as there are cracks he has also covered up my ventelation window with permanant construction as there is lack of air and sunlight and i cannot use the bedroom roomi went in the police station and informed them the entire issues and requested them to file a fir but they said fir cannot be lodged and only general diary was taken from my end . however my landlord has stopped the construction after the general diary was made kindly help me if there is any ground according to the indian penal code to file a fir in this situation.

Answers (4)

347 votes

If you being a Tenant you do not stop the construction work of the Landlord in any other side of his building. You being a Tenant only can asked for proper accommodation from the Landlord against which you provides monthly Rent. If you can't enjoy proper accommodation in the rented premises, then you should go before the Ld. House Rent Controller for proper order against your Landlord.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

206 votes

If the police is not interested to lodge a formal FIR, you can file FIR through the Court Under Section 156 (3) of Cr. P. C.
You have to make application before the Ld. court and if the Ld. court become satisfied then the Ld.Magistrate will direct for FIR to PS.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
240 votes

You need to take immediate action for such illegal construction. You need to come to our office and provide us the proper documents and photograohs so that we can provide you the best possible remedy and you can your justice

80 votes

You can file a case under section 144cr.pc and seek for a direction upon the police to see weather there is an illegal work going on. U can also file a civil suit and pray for an order of injunction restraining them from doing the illegal activities.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."