FIR against construction work by landlord blocking ventilation window

my landlord is carring a illegal construction work in the next building which has damaged my bedroom walls as there are cracks he has also covered up my ventelation window with permanant construction as there is lack of air and sunlight and i cannot use the bedroom roomi went in the police station and informed them the entire issues and requested them to file a fir but they said fir cannot be lodged and only general diary was taken from my end . however my landlord has stopped the construction after the general diary was made kindly help me if there is any ground according to the indian penal code to file a fir in this situation.

If you being a Tenant you do not stop the construction work of the Landlord in any other side of his building. You being a Tenant only can asked for proper accommodation from the Landlord against which you provides monthly Rent. If you can't enjoy proper accommodation in the rented premises, then you should go before the Ld. House Rent Controller for proper order against your Landlord.

Sir/Madam,
If the police is not interested to lodge a formal FIR, you can file FIR through the Court Under Section 156 (3) of Cr. P. C.
You have to make application before the Ld. court and if the Ld. court become satisfied then the Ld.Magistrate will direct for FIR to PS.
Thanks

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

You need to take immediate action for such illegal construction. You need to come to our office and provide us the proper documents and photograohs so that we can provide you the best possible remedy and you can your justice

You can file a case under section 144cr.pc and seek for a direction upon the police to see weather there is an illegal work going on. U can also file a civil suit and pray for an order of injunction restraining them from doing the illegal activities.