Excessive Noise by new tenants. What can i do in such situation?

We are living in a flat - a tenant has moved in with 3 children in the flat above. Although there is a perfectly good stilt parking to play the children insist on jumping up and down 14 hours a day - we have talked to them but they refuse to bring their children down to play or to play on the wide open terrace.. is there any legal or other option I can consider? Also I have spoken to the local police station - the landlord has not yet submitted the tenant's identity proof - the police have not had any information that that flat has been lent out to rent. Is that safe?

Answers (1)

279 votes

The police need to be informed about the tenant's details, it is the duty of the landlord to communicate the details of tenant to the nearest police station, this is the latest law and ruling.
You said you have approached the police but what about the landlord, did you express your anguish over the nuisance being done by the neighbor (his tenant)?, did you get any reply from him. You should exhaust this remedy and after that if you find there is no improvement or the nuisance still goes unchecked, then you may resort to legal action i.e., issuing a legal notice to the tenant as well as to the landlord with a copy endorsed to the local police station.
Despite this, if the reported nuisance goes unchecked and unbearable, then you may resort to further legal action as envisaged in law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."