Do I have to pay full rent till the expiry of the rent agreement

I took a house for rent in Feb 2015 and the 11 months agreement finished by Jan 2016 and again the agreement was renewed till Dec 2016. Now Im planning to shift to my sister house by July2016 , today I informed to my landlord but he is not agreeing for this and saying to stay till the agreement finishes or to pay the full rent till dec 2016 or I need to find him a tenant and then vacate the house. In the agreement he didn’t mention any terms and condition when I asked but this he is saying its not necessary to mention in the agreement but I have to stay or pay the full rent. Kindly suggest me

Your landlord tenant relationship is governed by rent agreement. There must be clause stating that the landlord or the tenant can terminate the agreement by giving a notice.  If there is such clause then you can serve notice to the tenant and end the tenancy.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers