Commercial and residential use of residential property

Hi I am residing in a builder apartment at second floor. But owner of third floor let out his floor for commercial plus residential purpose and tenant conducting below activities: Tiffin facility and paying guest Handloom business Chocolate and candle manufacturing Tuition center Due to these various activities there are lots of disturbances, security issues and maintenance cost of elevator and other common area involves. And visitors are used to park their cars and bikes unsystematically which block our driveway. Please suggest what action can be taken by me against owner and tenant

Answers (1)

216 votes

Sir, in all likelihood such commercial activities will be barred at the said premises. If that be the case you may make a representation to the concerned municipal authority to take remedial action. In case the municipal authority fails to take any action you may file a writ petition before the concerned High Court. Alternatively, you may file an appropriate suit for damages, injunction etc before the concerned civil court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."