Charged tenant for damages tenant threatening to take legal action

I am a owner of flat in Pune. I have charged my tenant small amount for the damage in the flat and returned rest of the deposit. He has been threatening me to file complaint under consumer protection act. My question is what are my legal rights and how to respond to this issue. Whatever I have charged him is for legitimate damages.

Your tenant is not a consumer as per the consumer protection act, so please dont worry.

If as per the rent agreement the clause of damages are mentioned then you can deduct the amount from the security deposit and thereafter refund the said amount.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers