Chairman of society stopping with my friend from paying me a visit.

Hii I am tanent at a housing society and the chairman has bar my friend to visit me as he has some personal issue with her... can he legally do that. My friend was ex resident of the society and nobody else has any issue with her. The chairman always put such rules on tanents to satisfy his ego... plz advice what action can be taken.

No your chairman cannot impose such unreasonable restriction upon you. Take the matter up with the RWA. If he creates an issue when your friend is coming over, then approach the local police station and have the issue sorted. As long as your landlord does not have an issue, there is little the housing society could do to stop your friend from visiting you at your home.

Sadly, in such situations the police is of very little help and at times they may even side against you. There is no legal mechanism in place to counteract such actions of a RWA or Housing Society. It all comes down to who your landlord chooses to support. If this continues to bother you then it would better to move to another location. 

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers