Can landlord ask for money to transfer tenancy to heirs

My family has inherited a commercial property in Delhi. The Landlord is asking for Rs.2 lakh for transfer charges. Please let me know if the amount is correct. How much should I pay for tenancy transfer to our name?

It is not permissible to demand any amount for transfer of rent receipt from the name of the deceased tenant to the name of the heir in whose favour all the heirs have agreed to get transfer the rent receipt.

The landlord is not bound to issue the rent receipt in favour of all the heirs of the deceased tenant. He is bound to issue receipt in favour of any one of the heirs amongst all the heir as may be decided by an agreement them.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers