Can I ask a tenant to vacate if I require property for self use

I am a landlord age 89 years having a building in Mumbai, which has about 40 commercial tenants. I do not have any office for my own use. Do have I a right to claim from any of the tenants to vacate the premises and occupy for my self use or for my sons use. At present my son is also having a tenanted office which if I get I can gift it to him. Due to my age , Can I give my son the POA to file a legal case on my behalf for vacating the tenant. What will be the cost and time involved.

Landlord may move the court to recover possession on the ground of reasonable and bona fide requirement under section 16(1)(g) of the Maharashtra Rent Control Act, 1999. However, the onus is on the landlord to prove the same and the court shall weigh the level of hardship involved for tenant or landlord before passing an eviction decree.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers