Time period is counted from the date of order or date of issue of copy

A case was decided in my favour by CAT Chandigarh on 27-02-2018 . I got the certifed copy of the order on 17-03-2018 , the copy was dated 9-03-2018 . In the order i was supposed to give a revised option to my department within 15 days from the date of order. But 17-03-2018 was 19th day however i gave my revised option to the department on 17-03-2018 . Please guide whether the period of 15 days will be counted from the date of order or from date of issuance of certified copy of judgement or from date of receipt of certified copy of judgement.

If you have applied for the copy of the order from the date of the order then the date of issuance of copy of order will be considered or if not applied then the date of the order will be taken into account

The time period is to be calculated from the date of order only. However, number of days from the date of application for obtaining certified copy to the date of preparation of certified copy shall be added to the period of limitation.
In your case the order was passed on 27.02.2018. The 15 days, counted from 28.02.2018 shall expire on 14.03.2018 plus the days from application of certified copy till the preparation i.e. 09.03.2018. And in case it was ordered that the copy of the order shall be supplied free of cost to you than you can add days from 27.02.2018 to 09.03.2018 which will extend your limitation period from 14.03.2018 to 22.03.2018!

The 15 days will be counted from the date of order as you were aware of contents of the said order. However, you should tender your choice as per the order within 15 days of getting the certified copy so that there is proof that you did not have a malafide intention. Thereafter, you can file an application for modification or extension of time on the ground that you were under the impression that 15 days will be counted from date of getting certified copy.

Dear
The case was decided by Hon'ble CAT in your favour. But you have not uploaded the judgement language. So in that what is the order. It may be within 15 days from get the certified copy of this order or 15 days from the date of order.