Legal implications of criminal case on government job

Currently I am working in central govt but under probation. There is F.I.R registered against me and charges levelled are 495, 498a, 504, 323,34 and dowry act 3 and 4 .I am selected in Bihar staff selection commission . I have to leave current job and want to join Bihar govt. Service. Appointment and attestatiin has yet to come.will it effect on my appointment ? What should I do?

Answers (2)

226 votes

hello dear
yes you can join your job as its just a FIR
But your FIR have some serious section which will further haunt you like anything
so i will suggest you to prepare yourself and soon contact a lawyer with the copy of FIR.
thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

139 votes

Yes in present you should join now and also try to get Bail in this case.
If the chargesheet went against you then it will directly affect your job, so in between file a quashing petition before the honourable court of Patna High Court.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles