Legal action against company for not providing experience certificate

Hi,  I was working in IT company since 1.5 years and there I have sign bond for 1.8 months after last month I got opportunity to work in another good company so I got to current company boss and ask that if I leave this company after bond without notice period and should I get my experience certificate that the boss gets too much angry on me and insult me and told me to get out don't come office from tomorrow so I left company after a day project manager call me on phone and apologized me from boss and told me to get back to work and leave whenever you want , then again I join that company on that day boss call me in his office and told me handover your project so someone and you will get your documents so I do and work ,after 30th dec. I left company they told me we will give you your certificate after 10-15 days so I visit company Saturday now the boss told to HR that I'll not get any doc, now whal should I do ?

Answers (3)

135 votes

Sorry to say but till date whatever you have done is only oral communication it's better for you to do e-mail communication with company so that it can be established that even though you are asking for experience certificate still they aren't providing yoy the certificate, it is advisable that before you think of legal action you must establish something concrete so that based on which legal notice can also be given to company.
First do email communication with company even though they don't provide you within weeks time, send another email about legal action that you want to take against them even though they don't provide you then consult advocate for legal action

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

344 votes

Based on inadequate information in the quary made, I am of the opinion that,
1. even if you have not completed bond period you ought to have given the notice to the employer and would have resigned then after.
2. It seems from your query that your request to leave the company, apology by your boss, your handing over the project to other executive and finally quitting old company looks hear say without any documentation and/or expressing your grievances at proper forum of the company.
3. No company can deny experience/work certificate in spite of all the above.It looks from the contents that you have not requested for certificate in writing/mail to company HR. A written/mail notice/representation to your old company ( with reference to service and appointment conditions ) would be the better course to avail the same.
4. After the requisition if they don’t issue then you may take appropriate legal course.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
111 votes

Firstly you have to send legal notice for issue your experience certificate and after sending legal notice your boss will issue your experience certificate, if not issue than file case against him.
Further query contact the lawrato

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles