Employer wants to pay for notice period

I got notice after 2 months by my x company. He is demanding 26k for recovery of dues and other. I worked there only a single day. Same day in evening I informed to my senior and hr also I am leaving this job verbally. Second day I didn't go there.now he is demanding by notice i signed only offer letter only no bond.so what should I do now go to police,lawyer or anything else. Please help me

Answers (3)

235 votes

The notice period ought to be served by you could be very well recovered as per the contract you signed (If at all) , However if they have sn you a legal notice you need to go to a lawyer and send a reply to the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

206 votes

You can do two things -
1. In first case, you can plainly ignore this notice and shall not respond back. But that may have repurcursion in future. They may come before court to get this sum.
2. In second case, you should approach an advocate and shall reply back to this notice. This will help you to correct your stand in legal terms. In this way you will be able to close this chapter here itself and in worst case even if they approach to the court you will be having the upper hand and you will be able to win this case very easily.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
177 votes

It is necessary to reply to that notice at this point of time only. I would like to know what was the terms and conditions that you agreed at the time of beginning your job. Was there an agreement in written or only oral agreement?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles