Employer is not giving experience letter without the payout of 3 month

I served my company for 30 months. I was not well and asked them for some time to get well to resume office. Provided all medical documents. However they asked me to join or resign. SO i resign as I was physically unfit for the long sitting job. They released me immediately, without any intimation. I was ready to serve notice period also, once if I could have been well, I could served. But they ignored everything and released me, HR also told me that I have to pay nothing in this case. But when It came for experience letter my manager asked me to pay for 3 months Unserved notice period. What should I do now. How can i get experience letter as 32 months are almost 3 years, that means a lot. I got promotions, visa for US also during my tenure and I was full time billable resource. Please suggest.

Answers (3)

244 votes

Since they forced you to resign and the resignation was extracted under duress, legally speaking, they can't ask you for depositing the notice period dues. I will suggest you discuss with them to sort out the matter amicably and if that doesn't work, contact with relevant documents an experienced service matters lawyer to deal with them.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

172 votes

sir, do not worry. this is a routine matter for the companies. They tend to take such capricious decisions. Our immediate action should be to send them a legal notice for the violations that they have committed within the Industrial disputes act. in order to do that i will have to be intimated about your details. whether you are working in a supervisory capacity in the company. once we send them a notice let us see whether they do something to correct the situation at hand or not. then we will take coercive steps in court if they do not set things right.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
159 votes

As you have raised query regarding your Medical unfitness due to some Medical problem you have given Medical Rest certificate to the Employer by authorized Medical Practitioner after that fitness certificate is required. Both the certificate you have submitted. Medical leave you will get for that period with pay. Once you have given resigned from company with immediate effect without any notice period that means you breached the contract. But they cannot refuse you to give the experience certificate if they are refusing then legal action can be intited

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles