×

Does having name as witness in criminal case disqualifies for govt job

Does having name as a witness in the list of a pending criminal case disqualifies me from joining in Police / Government jobs..??

Witnessing a crime is of no offence, deposing such incident before the Court is rather the bonafide effort to bring proper justice. Hence witnessing a crime never dis entitle anybody from getting any Government job. All the best. Regards.

Mere being a witness in a pending criminal proceedings does not amount to be an accused person.For a Government service, verification of character and antecedent of the selected person is important.For your case, on the basis of your statement it can be stated that there should not be any embargo with reference to your candidature.

Absolutely not. You can be named in the witness list provided your name is not spelt in the criminal case as one of the accused.
A witness helps the Court to seek the truth in the trial which helps the Court to serve justice.