Procedure to execute a decree obtained from UAE in India

We trade internationally in spices. In one of the exports made from UAE to India, the buyer did not pay us for a long time. We brought a decree from UAE and wanted to execute it against the buyer in India. The City Civil Court refused to execute the decree. On appeal for a direction to the Civil Court to pass the decree, the appellate court refused to pass such order providing direction. We seek your advice about the position of law in India.

Answers (1)

212 votes

The appellate court is right in its stand not to direct the lower court to pass a decree against the buyer as sought by you. It is on the ground that superior court cannot pass such orders which involve stepping into the jurisdiction of lower court. The superior court cannot step into the jurisdictional independence of lower court.

However, at appellate court you should have sought the relief of directing the lower court to relook into the matter by a hearing and pass appropriate orders.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular International Law Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the International Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."