I am based in Canda. How do I claim custody of my child who is in Goa.

I and my husband are legally separated by a court in Goa. We are in Canada and have NRI status. My ex-husband has clandestinely taken away my child( boy) who is five year old to Goa. I want his custody at any cost. Since our marriage had taken place in Goa and my son was born there, I think, and I am also advised that I need to move a court for custody of child at Goa.

Answers (1)

310 votes

You are not fully advised. You can move court either here in Goa or at Canada itself for custody of child. We suggest you move the appropriate court at Canada and after obtaining the decree, you can move the consulate here in India for enforcement of Canadian court’s decree.

Should you need legal assistance at Canada, we can assist you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular International Law Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the International Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."