I am based in Canda. How do I claim custody of my child who is in Goa.

I and my husband are legally separated by a court in Goa. We are in Canada and have NRI status. My ex-husband has clandestinely taken away my child( boy) who is five year old to Goa. I want his custody at any cost. Since our marriage had taken place in Goa and my son was born there, I think, and I am also advised that I need to move a court for custody of child at Goa.

You are not fully advised. You can move court either here in Goa or at Canada itself for custody of child. We suggest you move the appropriate court at Canada and after obtaining the decree, you can move the consulate here in India for enforcement of Canadian court’s decree.

Should you need legal assistance at Canada, we can assist you.

Popular International Law Lawyers

Dr. Sudhir Ravindran
Guindy, Chennai
Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar
Advocate Manish G Varma
Fort, Mumbai