How to recover money from a company whose directors are not responding

I have given on credit by way of Fixed Deposit to a company in Bangalore. The company has branches in BLR and in few parts of Asian countries. We have not received our interest since three years. The company says that it is under losses. The directors are not available for communication. Please advise. Some of them are foreign directors on board. We are afraid they may go back to their natives.

Answers (1)

69 votes

Please remember you are an unsecured creditor under the Companies Act. Therefore, the company may pay you after clearing secured creditors. If the amount involved is above one lakh, you can proceed invoking Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code. Also, we suggest you invoke the Passport Act and impound the directors’ passport hindering their return and also to hurdle Indian directors from leaving the soil.

Please contact us if you need us to take up the matter

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular International Law Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the International Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."