How to get birth certificate for NRI person born in Bombay

We are NRIs staying in USA in California. My mother is with me in US and she wants to apply for green card. The authority is insisting for birth certificate. She does not have one as in her birth time such practice was rare. She was born 60 years back in a government hospital in Bombay. How to get a birth certificate, please.

Your mother has to authorize a relative ( as defined in Registration of Births Deaths ACT) by an affidavit sworn before a Notary at California. The authorized relative has to approach the hospital where your mother was born to check in the register of the hospital. The relative has to approach the Registrar of births and deaths by an application for birth certificate. If he provides, ‘FINE’.Otherwise, obtain a ‘NO’ from him and move the jurisdictional court to direct the registrar to issue the certificate.

Popular International Law Lawyers

Dr. Sudhir Ravindran
Guindy, Chennai
Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar
Advocate Manish G Varma
Fort, Mumbai