How to file IP infringement case in India for IP registered in US

We are a MNC having manufacturing units in three States in India. Our HO is in US and all our products have IP protection. xyz partnership firm located in Bangalore where even we have our unit is getting imitation products manufactured somewhere and marketing in all three States where our units are located. We are advised to move courts in all three States against this firm on infringement of our IP. Need an advice from a specialist to handle the matter in all three places.

Answers (1)

You can move against the firm. But, you cannot move court in each State on the same cause of action. The judicial authorities will not entertain and if you hide existence of similar case, then, you will land up in paying penalties. You can initiate action at Bangalore where the firm is located, where the cause of action has arisen.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular International Law Lawyers

Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Dr. Sudhir Ravindran
Guindy, Chennai
20 years Experience
Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar
8 years Experience
Advocate Manish G Varma
Fort, Mumbai
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the International Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I work in Embassy of Poland. I wish to adopt a lady as mother who is elder than me. She taught me for three years. She is from Poland. I don't kno…

Read More

I had approached a private college in UK for my master’s degree. I have signed a contract with the college that I would be joining the college in th…

Read More

When I was in USA with my husband, we had applied for divorce and custody of our children- a boy and a girl. Both are minors. The case is still on and…

Read More

My company is in India. We are engineers specialized in erecting and commissioning gas plants. We provide these services abroad and we have many clien…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue