How to file IP infringement case in India for IP registered in US

We are a MNC having manufacturing units in three States in India. Our HO is in US and all our products have IP protection. xyz partnership firm located in Bangalore where even we have our unit is getting imitation products manufactured somewhere and marketing in all three States where our units are located. We are advised to move courts in all three States against this firm on infringement of our IP. Need an advice from a specialist to handle the matter in all three places.

You can move against the firm. But, you cannot move court in each State on the same cause of action. The judicial authorities will not entertain and if you hide existence of similar case, then, you will land up in paying penalties. You can initiate action at Bangalore where the firm is located, where the cause of action has arisen.

Popular International Law Lawyers

Dr. Sudhir Ravindran
Guindy, Chennai
Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar
Advocate Manish G Varma
Fort, Mumbai