How to renew the insurance of vehicle after expiry

Dear Sir, If a motor vehicle (MV) insurance is due for Renewal on 22.10.17 but I was not aware about its renewal date. Now, I have come know about its renewal date. So, when i went to to the place from where i purchased MV for insurance. They are telling me to give them the photo of bike so as to know its condition. Pls tell what is the correct procedure in this case ?? Thanks

Insurance company right on this question because without inspection verification of vehicle they can't issue an insurance contract otherwise at the time of insurance claim it will go against you if any discrepancy found. So it is advisable to got proper inspection pls obtain the insurance policy

As per the Vehicle act, if the insurance of any motor vehicle is expired. Then person need to click the photos of his motor vehicle and shown it to the insurance Agent to renew it.

As Insurance agent demand you the photographs is totally coreect.

I also deals in income tax return, GST Reg, Mutual fund . So if you find any discrepancies you can contact it to me.

Popular Insurance Lawyers

Thank you for reaching out to me for advise. Your insurance policy is like a contract. When it lapses, you need a fresh one- for the next term. Insurers, traditionally, abstain from asking clients for proof (of the vehicles condition - through photographs, etc.), if you seek renewal, either: (a) when your policy is active, or (b) within a stipulated period from the date of your policy having lapsed (which differs from insurer to insurer). As a matter of right, yush are entitled to ask the insurer / your agen, to point you to the relevant clauses in the insurance-policy (which you wish to opt for) and/ or its supporting guidelines - for document requirements, for an uninsured vehicle/ a vehicle with a lapsed policy. While you are advised to comply with the requirements that are mentioned in print, you can always seek a concession from the insurer. Needless to say, the insurer can exercise its discression in entertaining such a request.