Consumption of marriage is required to mention in mutual divorce case

Is it mandatory to write in the mutual consent divorce petition that marriage was consummated.

Answers (3)

It is always desirable to provide the true details of the case and the reasons for filing the petitions. In case of mutual consent, it is required to establish that the marriage has been irretrievably broken down and every efforts have been put to work out the relationship but did not yeilded any result. Whether the marriage was at al consummated may be mentioned but not mandatory. All the best. Regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

yes it is mandatory to write in the mutual divorce petition that the marriage was consummated as if the marriage was not consummated then dissolution of marriage is not possible. to get a better and accurate suggestion then a face to face interaction is necessary

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience

No it is not at all compulsory to mention in the mutual divorce petition that the marriage was consummated. It will be sufficient that if you annexed any documentary evidence to suffice that the marriage has actually taken place. As those evidence will be sufficient to justify the husband wife relationship.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I want to get divorce form my husband even my husband is not willing to give divorce. My father merry me forcely. Now nobody is supporting me in my fa…

Read More

during divorce petition my husband married second time.what should I do now?…

Read More

We have been married in March2012,but my husband and his family hidden a lots of factors like his affairs before marriage.We have a 3 year old kid.Sin…

Read More

Hi, please advise, my case: Love & Run-Away marriage (Hindu). Duration of marriage: 9 years. Wife has psychiatric disorders. Wife abuses me physic…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue