Consumption of marriage is required to mention in mutual divorce case

Is it mandatory to write in the mutual consent divorce petition that marriage was consummated.

It is always desirable to provide the true details of the case and the reasons for filing the petitions. In case of mutual consent, it is required to establish that the marriage has been irretrievably broken down and every efforts have been put to work out the relationship but did not yeilded any result. Whether the marriage was at al consummated may be mentioned but not mandatory. All the best. Regards

yes it is mandatory to write in the mutual divorce petition that the marriage was consummated as if the marriage was not consummated then dissolution of marriage is not possible. to get a better and accurate suggestion then a face to face interaction is necessary

Advocate Preeti Joshi

No it is not at all compulsory to mention in the mutual divorce petition that the marriage was consummated. It will be sufficient that if you annexed any documentary evidence to suffice that the marriage has actually taken place. As those evidence will be sufficient to justify the husband wife relationship.