INDIAN KANOON SECTION 461 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Irregularities which vitiate proceedings


If any Magistrate, not being empowered by law in this behalf, does any of the following things, namely;

  1. attaches and sells property under section 83;
  2. issues a search-warrant for a document, parcel or other thing in the custody of a postal or telegraph authority;
  3. demands security to keep the peace;
  4. demands security for good behaviour;
  5. discharges a person lawfully bound to be of good behaviour;
  6. cancels a bond to keep the peace;
  7. makes an order for maintenance;
  8. makes an order under section 133 as to a local nuisance;
  9. prohibits, under section 143, the repetition or continuance of a public nuisance;
  10. makes an order under Part C or Part D of Chapter X;
  11. takes cognizance of an offence under clause � of Sub-Section (1) of section 190;
  12. tries an offender;
  13. tries an offender summarily;
  14. passes a sentence, under section 325, on proceedings recorded by another Magistrate;
  15. decides an appeal;
  16. calls, under section 397, for proceedings; or
  17. revises an order passed under section 446,
    his proceedings shall be void.

Click here to read more from the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPc), 1973.

Find the best lawyer for CrPC Section 461 charges

Popular CRPC Sections

Related Questions

When and where can I apply for anticipatory bail?

When and where can I apply for an anticipatory bail in case someone has filed criminal complaint against me and Police may have registered an FIR?…

Read More

How can I quash the FIR by compromise with the complainant?

I have come to terms with the person who had filed a criminal complaint against me and now they are willing to compromise with me. How can the FIR aga…

Read More

In how much time is a bail / anticipatory bail granted?

If we apply for an anticipatory bail or a regular bail, in how much time can this be granted?…

Read More

How can I get bail in a non bailable offence?

I have been framed in a case by some people and the Police is saying that the charges against me are non bailable in nature. How can I get bail in a n…

Read More