INDIAN KANOON SECTION 460 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Irregularities which do not vitiate proceedings


If any Magistrate not empowered by law to do any of the following things, namely;

  1. to issue a search-warrant under section 94;
  2. to order, under section 155, the police to investigate an offence;
  3. to hold an inquest under section 176;
  4. to issue process under section 187, for the apprehension of a person within his local jurisdiction who has committed an offence outside the limits of such jurisdiction;
  5. to take cognizance of an offence under clause (a) or clause (b) of Sub-Section (1) of section 190;
  6. to make over a case under Sub-Section (2) of section 192;
  7. to tender a pardon under section 306;
  8. to recall a case and try it himself under section 410; or
  9. to sell property under section 458 or section 459,
    erroneously in good faith does that thing, his proceedings shall not be set aside merely on the ground of his not being so empowered.

Click here to read more from the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPc), 1973.

Find the best lawyer for CrPC Section 460 charges

Popular CRPC Sections

Related Questions

When and where can I apply for anticipatory bail?

When and where can I apply for an anticipatory bail in case someone has filed criminal complaint against me and Police may have registered an FIR?…

Read More

How can I get bail in a non bailable offence?

I have been framed in a case by some people and the Police is saying that the charges against me are non bailable in nature. How can I get bail in a n…

Read More

How can I quash the FIR by compromise with the complainant?

I have come to terms with the person who had filed a criminal complaint against me and now they are willing to compromise with me. How can the FIR aga…

Read More

In how much time is a bail / anticipatory bail granted?

If we apply for an anticipatory bail or a regular bail, in how much time can this be granted?…

Read More