INDIAN KANOON SECTION 421 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Warrant for levy of fine

  • Description

    1. When an offender has been sentenced to pay a fine the Court passing the sentence may take action for the recovery of the fine in either or both of the following ways, that is to say, it may
      1. issue a warrant for the levy of the amount by attachment and sale of any moveable property belonging to the offender;
      2. issue a warrant to the collector of the district, authorising him to realise the amount as arrears of land revenue from the movable or immovable property, or both of the defaulter;
        Provided that, if the sentence directs that in default of payment of the fine, the offender shall be imprisoned, and if such offender has undergone the whole of such imprisonment in default, no Court shall issue such warrant unless, for special reasons to be recorded in writing, it considers it necessary so to do, or unless it has made an order for the payment of expenses or compensation out of the fine under section 357.
    2. The Stale Government may make rules regulating the manner in which warrants under clause (a) of Sub-Section (1) are to be executed, and for the summary determination of any claims made by any person other than the offender in respect of any properly attached in execution of such warrant.
    3. Where the Court issues a warrant to the Collector under clause (b) of Sub-Section (1), the Collector shall realise the amount in accordance with the law relating to recovery of arrears of land revenue, as if such warrant were a certificate issued under such law;
      Provided that no such warrant shall be executed by the arrest or detention in prison of the offender.

Find the best lawyer for CrPC Section 421 charges

Criminal Lawyers in

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Ricky Chopra

  Sector 49
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

Get free assistance for your legal issue

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly

We're in News