INDIAN KANOON SECTION 374 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Appeals from convictions

  • Description

    1. Any person convicted on a trial held by a High Court in its extraordinary original criminal jurisdiction may appeal to the Supreme Court.
    2. Any person convicted on a trial held by a Sessions Judge or an Additional Sessions Judge or on a trial held by any other Court in which a sentence of imprisonment for more than seven years 1 [has been passed against him or against any other person convicted at the same trial; may appeal to the High Court.
    3. Save as otherwise provided in Sub-Section (2), any person;
      1. convicted on a trial held by a Metropolitan Magistrate or Assistant Sessions Judge or Magistrate of the first class or of the second class, or
      2. sentenced under section 325, or
      3. in respect of whom an order has been made or a sentence has been passed under section 360 by any Magistrate,
        may appeal to the Court of Session.

Find the best lawyer for CrPC Section 374 charges

Criminal Lawyers in

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Ricky Chopra

  Sector 49
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

Get free assistance for your legal issue

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly

We're in News