INDIAN KANOON SECTION 363 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Copy of judgment to be given to the accused and other persons

  • Description

    1. When the accused is sentenced to imprisonment, a copy of the judgment shall, immediately after the pronouncement of the judgment, be given to him free of cost.
    2. On the application of the accused, a certified copy of the judgment, or when he so desires, a translation is his own language if practicable or in the language of the Court, shall be given to him without delay, and such copy shall, in every case where the judgment is appealable by the accused be given free of cost;
      Provided that where a sentence of death is passed or confirmed by the High Court, a certified copy of the judgment shall be immediately given to the accused free of cost whether or not he applies for the same.
    3. The provisions of Sub-Section (2) shall apply in relation to an order under section 117 as they apply in relation to a judgment which is appealable by the accused.
    4. When the accused is sentenced to death by any Court and an appeal lies from such judgment as of right, the Court shall inform him of the period within which, if he wishes to appeal his appeal should be preferred.
    5. Save as otherwise provided in Sub-Section (2) any person affected by a judgment or order passed by a criminal Court shall, on an application made in this behalf and on payment of the prescribed charges, be given a copy of such judgment or order of any deposition or other part of the record;
      Provided that the Court may, if it thinks fit for some special reason, give it to him free of cost.
    6. The High Court may, by rules provide for the grant of copies of any judgment or order of a Criminal Court to any person who is not affected by a judgment or order on payment, by such person, of such fees, and subject to such conditions, as the High Court may, by such rules provide.

Find the best lawyer for CrPC Section 363 charges

Criminal Lawyers in

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Ricky Chopra

  Sector 49
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

Get free assistance for your legal issue

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly

We're in News