INDIAN KANOON SECTION 293 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Reports of certain Government scientific experts

  • Description

    1. Any document purporting to be a report under the hand of a Government scientific expert to whom this section applies, upon any matter or thing duly submitted to him for examination or analysis and report in the course of any proceeding under this Code, may be used as evidence in any inquiry, trial or other proceeding under this Code.
    2. The Court may, if it thinks fit, summon and examine any such expert as to the subject-matter of his report.
    3. Where any such expert is summoned by a Court and he is unable to attend personally, he may unless the Court has expressly directed him to appear personally, depute any responsible officer working with him to attend the Court, if such officer is conversant with the facts of the case and can satisfactorily depose in Court on his behalf.
    4. This section applies to the following Government scientific experts, namely;
      1. any Chemical Examiner or Assistant Chemical Examiner to Government;
      2. the Chief Inspector of Explosives;
      3. the Director of the Finger Print Bureau;
      4. the Director, Haffkeine Institute, Bombay;
      5. the Director 1 [Deputy Director or Assistant Director of a Central Forensic Science Laboratory or a State forensic Science Laboratory;
      6. the Serologist to the Government.
      7. any other Government scientific Expert specified by notification by the Central Government for this purpose.

Find the best lawyer for CrPC Section 293 charges

Criminal Lawyers in

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Ricky Chopra

  Sector 49
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

Get free assistance for your legal issue

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly

We're in News