INDIAN KANOON SECTION 269 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Officer in charge of prison to abstain from carrying out order in certain contingencies


Where the person in respect of whom an order is made under section 267,

  1. is by reason of sickness or infirmity unfit to be removed from the prison; or
  2. is under committal for trial or under remand pending trial or pending a preliminary investigation; or
  3. is in custody for a period which would expire before the expiration of the time required for complying with the order and for taking him back to the prison in which he is confined or detained; or
  4. is a person to whom an order made by the State Government under section 268 applies,
    the officer in charge of the prison shall abstain from carrying out the Court's order and shall send to the Court a statement of reasons for so abstaining;
    Provided that where the attendance of such person is required for giving evidence at a place not more than twenty-five kilometers distance from the prison, the officer in charge of the prison shall not so abstain for the reason mentioned in clause (b).

Click here to read more from the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPc), 1973.

Find the best lawyer for CrPC Section 269 charges

Popular CRPC Sections

Related Questions

How can I quash the FIR by compromise with the complainant?

I have come to terms with the person who had filed a criminal complaint against me and now they are willing to compromise with me. How can the FIR aga…

Read More

When and where can I apply for anticipatory bail?

When and where can I apply for an anticipatory bail in case someone has filed criminal complaint against me and Police may have registered an FIR?…

Read More

In how much time is a bail / anticipatory bail granted?

If we apply for an anticipatory bail or a regular bail, in how much time can this be granted?…

Read More

How can I get bail in a non bailable offence?

I have been framed in a case by some people and the Police is saying that the charges against me are non bailable in nature. How can I get bail in a n…

Read More