INDIAN KANOON SECTION 127 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Alteration in allowance

  • Description

    1. On proof of a change in the circumstances of any person, receiving, under section 125 a monthly allowance for the maintenance or interim maintenance, or ordered under the same section to pay a monthly allowance for the maintenance, or interim maintenance, to his wife, child, father or mother, as the case may be, the Magistrate may make such alteration, as he thinks fit, in the allowance for the maintenance or the interim maintenance, as the case may be.;
      Provided that if he increases the allowance, the monthly rate of five hundred rupees in the whole shall not be exceeded.
    2. Where it appears to the Magistrate that, in consequence of any decision of a competent civil Court, any order made under section 125 should be cancelled or varied, he shall cancel the order or, as the case may be, vary the same accordingly.
    3. Where any order has been made under section 125 in favour of a woman who has been divorced by, or has obtained a divorce from, her husband, the Magistrate shall, if he is satisfied that—
      1. the woman has, after the date of such divorce, remarried, cancel such order as from the date of her remarriage;
      2. the woman has been divorced by her husband and that she has received, whether before or after the dale of the said order, the whole of the sum which, under any customary or personal law applicable to the parties, was payable on such divorce, cancel such order—
        1. in the case where such sum was paid before such order, from the date on which such order was made,
        2. in any other case, from the date of expiry of the period, if any, for which maintenance has been actually paid by the husband to the woman;
      3. the woman has obtained a divorce from her husband and that she had voluntarily surrendered her rights to maintenance as interim maintenance, as the case may be after her divorce, cancel the order from the date thereof.
    4. At the time of making any decree for the recovery of any maintenance or dowry by any person, to whom a monthly allowance for the maintenance and interim maintenance or any of them has been ordered to be paid under section 125, the civil Court shall take into account the sum which has been paid to, or recovered by, such person as as monthly allowance for the maintenance and interim maintenance or any of them, as the case may be, in pursuance of the said order.

Find the best lawyer for CrPC Section 127 charges

Criminal Lawyers in

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Ricky Chopra

  Sector 49
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

Get free assistance for your legal issue

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly

We're in News