INDIAN KANOON SECTION 110 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Security for good behaviour from habitual offenders

  • Description

    When an Executive Magistrate receives information that there is within his local jurisdiction a person who—

    1. is by habit a robber, house-breaker, thief, or forger, or
    2. is by habit a receiver of stolen property knowing the same to have been stolen, or
    3. habitually protects or harbours thieves, or aids in the concealment of disposal of stolen property, or
    4. habitually commits, or attempts to commit, or abets the Commission of, the offence of kidnapping, abduction, extortion, cheating or mischief, or any offence punishable under Chapter XII of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860), or under section 489 A, section 489B, section 489 C or section 489 D of that Code, or
    5. habitually commits, or attempts to commit, or abets the Commission of, offences, involving a breach of the peace, or
    6. habitually commits, or attempts to commit, or abets the commission of—
      1. any offence under one or more of the following Acts, namely;
        1. the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 (23 of 1940);
        2. the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act, 1973 (46 of 1973);
        3. the Employees' Provident Funds and Family Pension Fund Act, 1952 (19 of 1952);
        4. the Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954 (37 of 1954);
        5. the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 (10 of 1955);
        6. the Untouchability (Offences) Act, 1955 (22 of 1955);
        7. the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962); or
        8. the Foreigners Act, 1946
      2. any offence punishable under any other law providing for the prevention of hoarding or profiteering or of adulteration of food or drugs or of corruption, or
    7. is so desperate and dangerous as to render his being at large without security hazardous to the community,
      such Magistrate may, in the manner hereinafter provided, require such person to show cause why he should not be ordered to execute a bond, with sureties, for his good behaviour for such period, not exceeding three years, as the Magistrate thinks fit.
Find the best lawyer for CrPC Section 110 charges

Criminal Lawyers in

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Ricky Chopra

  Sector 49
 Experience: 17 years

View all >>

Get free assistance for your legal issue

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly

We're in News