INDIAN KANOON SECTION 106 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Security for keeping the peace on conviction


  1. When a Court of Session or Court of a Magistrate of the first class convicts a person of any of the offences specified in Sub-Section (2) or of abetting any such offence and is of opinion that it is necessary to take security from such person for keeping the peace, the Court may, at the time of passing sentence on such person, order him to execute a bond, with or without sureties, for keeping the peace for such period, not exceeding three years, as it thinks fit.
  2. The offences referred to in Sub-Section (1) are?
    1. any offence punishable under Chapter VIII of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860), other than an offence, punishable under section 153A or section 153B or section 154 thereof;
    2. any offence which consists of, or includes, assault or using criminal force or committing mischief;
    3. any offence of criminal intimidation;
    4. any other offence which caused, or was intended or known to be likely to cause, a breach of the peace.
  3. If the conviction is set aside on appeal or otherwise, the bond so executed shall become void.
  4. An order under this section may also be made by an Appellate Court or by a Court when exercising its powers of revision.

Click here to read more from the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPc), 1973.

Find the best lawyer for CrPC Section 106 charges

Popular CRPC Sections

Related Questions

In how much time is a bail / anticipatory bail granted?

If we apply for an anticipatory bail or a regular bail, in how much time can this be granted?…

Read More

When and where can I apply for anticipatory bail?

When and where can I apply for an anticipatory bail in case someone has filed criminal complaint against me and Police may have registered an FIR?…

Read More

How can I get bail in a non bailable offence?

I have been framed in a case by some people and the Police is saying that the charges against me are non bailable in nature. How can I get bail in a n…

Read More

How can I quash the FIR by compromise with the complainant?

I have come to terms with the person who had filed a criminal complaint against me and now they are willing to compromise with me. How can the FIR aga…

Read More