INDIAN KANOON SECTION 105D CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Identifying unlawfully acquired property


  1. The Court shall, under Sub-Section (1), or on receipt of a letter of request under Sub-Section (3) of section 105C, direct any police officer not below the rank of Sub-Inspector of Police to lake all steps necessary for tracing and identifying such property.
  2. The steps referred to in Sub-Section (1) may include any inquiry, investigation or survey in respect of any person, place, property, assets, documents, books of account in any bank or public financial institutions or any other relevant matters.
  3. Any inquiry, investigation or survey referred to in Sub-Section (2) shall be carried out by an officer mentioned in Sub-Section (1) in accordance with such directions issued by the said Court in this behalf.

Click here to read more from the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPc), 1973.

Find the best lawyer for CrPC Section 105D charges

Popular CRPC Sections

Related Questions

When and where can I apply for anticipatory bail?

When and where can I apply for an anticipatory bail in case someone has filed criminal complaint against me and Police may have registered an FIR?…

Read More

How can I get bail in a non bailable offence?

I have been framed in a case by some people and the Police is saying that the charges against me are non bailable in nature. How can I get bail in a n…

Read More

In how much time is a bail / anticipatory bail granted?

If we apply for an anticipatory bail or a regular bail, in how much time can this be granted?…

Read More

How can I quash the FIR by compromise with the complainant?

I have come to terms with the person who had filed a criminal complaint against me and now they are willing to compromise with me. How can the FIR aga…

Read More